The ASTM Group is the second largest operator of toll motorway networks in the world and a leading global player in the design and construction of major infrastructure works. The Group boasts a motorway network of approximately 4,900 km in Italy, Brazil and the United Kingdom. In Italy, the Group is the leading motorway operator in the north-west of the country.
ASTM's concessions follow strategic routes in the regions they pass through and represent key connections for people and goods. By operating responsibly and integrating the principles of sustainability into its business activities, the ASTM Group seeks to manage its concessions in a way that promotes long-term economic development and the well-being of residents in the areas where its motorway network is present.
Open position: Infrastructure Efficiency Monitoring Specialist
Location: Centre-North Italy
The Concessions Companies of the Group are searching for young engineers to join the Technical Departments in the Infrastructure Efficiency Monitoring Sector.
- coordinate, together with the Technical Department, contracts relating to infrastructure surveys (infrastructure, signage, paving, safety barriers, metal structures, joints, embankments, etc.) to provide the company with constant updates on the effective operation and maintenance of the motorway;
- evaluate the priorities of the plan of works to maintain the effective operation of infrastructure subject to inspection, notifying the results to the Technical Director;
- maintain, in collaboration with the companies conducting the inspections, a database of historical data of previous inspection results, the works carried out to restore operational efficiency, the programme of priorities for works, etc.;
- collaborate with the competent structures of the Technical Department to ensure that the technical documentation required to maintain the infrastructure is available and accessible;
- draw up reports on the efficiency of the motorway;
- communicate to the competent departments any reports received from inspections s for subsequent action, monitoring the effective resolution of the problems
- maintain an up-to-date understanding of the technical regulations relating to the technical and safety requirements of the infrastructure.
- Civil engineering degree
- 3-5 years of experience with companies operating in the highways infrastructure management, engineering or construction sectors;
- Knowledge of the technical regulations and guidelines issued by the Competent Bodies, of the Italian Procurement Code and of the Italian Consolidated Safety Code;
- Proficiency in English
Other skills required:
- Ability to work in a team and to engage with complex counterparties
- Flexibility, willingness to travel and relocate within Italy